This Last Minute Supermarket Tablescape looks like it took days to put together! Impress your guests with no stress.
Take apart your bouquet and cut the flowers to have very short stems. Decide what few flowers you want to be in the center and leave their stems a little longer so they can dip into the water of the vase. Keep and set aside all of your greenery and leaves from the bouquet. Slice some of the fruit in half so you have something to start with. Wash the grapes and pull them apart into smaller bunches.
Decide where you want your fruit and flowers on the table and put down a base layer of place mats, brown or white paper, or something for contrast. Choose a small and very shallow vase (we used a candy dish) that will go in the center and place it on something, such as a slab of wood to raise it up. A colorful handkerchief looks pretty underneath. This will make the tablescape look like it is flowing from a central point. But please note, all of this is optional. Make it your own!
Use the picture above for step-by-step guidance. After you have your layer for contrast (1), something for lift (2), a handkerchief (3), and a vase in the center(4), you are ready for steps 5-9 in the picture.
(5) Cut apart your grapes and intersperse them through what will be the length of your tablescape. You will most likely end up tweaking their placement.
(6) Begin to place the citrus halves on the table and arrange them so that everywhere you look there is color.
(7) Tuck the rest of the flowers into the tablescape. Pay attention to color so that there is a lot of beautiful contrast.
(8) The white baby's breath will give your eyes a break from the clumps of rich color. Cut a bunch of smaller pieces and strategically tuck them in where you need some puffs of white. They look especially pretty along the sides coming from under all of the color (as in #8 and to the right of #1 in the picture.
(9) Tuck the greenery and leaves from the bouquet around the tablescape. Use a good bit of greenery at the ends of the tablescape so it looks like the fruit and flowers are flowing into the green.
Now you just need to look at it from a few angles and rearrange. Don't spend too much time picking apart your masterpiece because you could probably perfect it forever and it will look so beautiful and natural if it is not too obsessed over. Thirty minute timer should be dinging about now!
Any combination of citrus fruit will work. Choose what you like to look at and what you will use in a recipe when you're finished with your tablescape.